The real name for these Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwiches should probably be Grown Up Egg Sandwiches. These egg salad sandwiches are not the ones of your childhood. Did you eat these in your childhood or is that just me? My Mom would always make batches of egg salad and we’d eat this every time we would go on long road trips as a quick meal in the car. I have to admit at the time I did not love these sandwiches. Now that I’m adult I have changed my ways, made a few sandwich ‘upgrades’ and now love serving these sandwiches for lunch or a quick dinner.
Now that we have chickens who magically lay several eggs a day, we have eggs coming out of our ears. I love having fresh eggs anytime we need them. With an over abundance of eggs this is the perfect recipe to use up those extra eggs needing to be used. Of course I could always make a batch of German Pancakes, my other use-up-egg-recipe, but if you want to switch things up, give these sandwiches a try!
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and drained
- 12 eggs boiled, peeled and crushed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 stalks green onions sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 8 oz. provolone cheese sliced
- 10 slices white or wheat bread
- 1 tomato sliced super thin
- 2 avocados sliced
- Cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy. Once cooked on both sides, remove from the pan and let drain on a plate with paper towels. Let cool.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the raw eggs and boil for 10 minutes. Turn heat off and cover for 10 minutes. Drain the hot water from the eggs and let cool until cool enough to peel. Peel the eggs, rinse the eggs and place in a bowl. Once you've peeled all eggs, mash them together. Add the mayo, Frank's sauce, pepper, salt, garlic powder, green onions and mix until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Slice the red onion, tomatoes and avocados.
- Make the sandwiches with one slice of cheese on the bottom. Add a few slices of avocados. Add a generous portion of the egg mixture. Add a few slices of tomato and bacon. Top with the second piece of bread. Serve sandwiches.