Looking for a simple, yet flavorful dish to serve when you’re in a hurry? Use Thrive Life Shedded or Diced Beef and you have a meal that can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. Nearly all of the ingredients for this dish can be stored in your food storage or freezer, so keep this recipe handy. If you really needed to, you could even make homemade tortillas from the food storage basics you are storing. This recipe is a delicious solution to a busy night!
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup Thrive Life Diced or Shredded Beef
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Onions
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2-3 cups Thrive Life Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pkg. Flour Tortillas
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream can use Thrive Life
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the Thrive Life Beef in a bowl and cover with water for 5-10 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl, add the Thrive Life Onions and Red Bell Peppers. Cover with just enough water to soften them.
- In a saute pan, heat to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and add the drained beef and drained vegetables to the oil.
- Saute until tender and add the salsa, black beans, taco seasoning and garlic powder. Simmer on low until ready to put the quesadillas together.
- Heat a flat griddle to medium heat-Spray the griddle with non stick cooking spray or butter.
- Place a couple tortillas down flat on the griddle. Top with the beef mixture and spread to all sides of the tortilla. Top with the shredded cheese. Top with an additional flour tortilla.
- While the quesadillas are cooking, make the sauce.
- For the sauce, add all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir. Serve the cooked quesadillas in the dipping sauce and serve.