Looking for the perfect appetizer, weeknight meal or lunch? This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Loaf is super simple to throw together (especially if you use rotisserie chicken) and has so much flavor, texture and everything you want in a great sandwich. You can omit or substitute anything you’d like for the avocados or blue cheese but these together make this sandwich extra special.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or you can use 2 large cans of canned chicken, drained
- 1/2-3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 3 Tbs. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing MIx
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 French bread loaf
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced (optional)
- 1-2 avocados sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees when ready to assemlbe sandwiches.
- If you want a simple meal, use 2 large cans of canned chicken, drained. If not, add 4 chicken breasts into a crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until tender and chicken can shred.
- Place the shredded chicken into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (minus the cheese, avocados and blue cheese). Combine chicken mixture. Cut the French Bread Loaf in half, horizontally. Open up on a cookie sheet. Spread the chicken mixture over both sides of the bread. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the chicken. Garnish with sliced avocados (optional), blue cheese and more green onions. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve.