I am a huge fan of gourmet sandwiches for dinner. When I am in a hurry and need something I can whip together quickly, but allows us to feel like we’re eating a ‘real’ meal, this is my go-to recipe idea. For those of you on a low carb diet, I make these with those sandwich thins and you still feel like you haven’t ruined any of your diet goals. Today’s sandwich was made with leftover grilled chicken I had from a previous meal and was given a little buffalo twist and they were delicious!
We ate these sandwiches with a simple spinach salad and had a meal on the table in less than 15 minutes. Use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Chicken and your meal will come together even quicker and easier!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup Franks hot sauce
- 2-3 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 8 slices cheddar or colby cheese
- 1-2 avocados sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 12-14 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning for seasoning chicken
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat (chicken can be grilled or just cooked on or in the stove). Season the chicken with Montreal Steak Seasoning and grill on both sides until the center of the chicken is no longer pink. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Drizzle the chicken with Frank's hot sauce and some mayonnaise. Place some of the chicken onto a slice of bread and top with some sliced avocado, sliced tomato and more sliced cheese. Put the sandwich top on the sandwich. Lightly butter both sides of the sandwich. Place on a hot griddle or panini maker and cook until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a simple recipe to use the Thrive Life Grilled Chicken from your food storage. Simply hydrate the chicken and use in this recipe as explained above.