My sister brought my family these Chicken Verde Pork Tacos and I was shocked they were made in the crock pot. They tasted like they had taken hours slaving over a stove and letting this verde sauce simmer. When she told me how simple the recipe was, I was shocked. I had to grab my camera, snap a photo and share these with you. You are going to love these FIVE ingredient tacos. These were perfect, simple and great for a busy night with lots to do!
- 16 oz. jar of LaVictoria Salsa Verde
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts you can throw them in frozen, just add a little more cooking time or 1.5 lbs. boneless pork
- 2 garlic cloves or you could even use garlic powder if you want
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 t. cumin
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream optional
- Cilantro garnish
- Juice of fresh lime optional
- In a crock pot, place the verde, garlic cloves, lime and cumin. Stir around until combined. Throw in the chicken breasts and cover with the verde. Cook on high heat for 5-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Once chicken is able to shred, shred the chicken and return to the sauce. When ready to serve the tacos, heat a flat griddle and place the tortillas on them. Sprinkle each with some cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. When they are slightly crispy and the cheese is melted, add a few tablespoons of verde/chicken and top with cilantro, sour cream and a squeeze of lime. You can also add diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce to the tacos if you would like.