This Buffalo Bleu Burger is the perfect hamburger to serve at a summer barbecue. It’s moist, full of tang and spice with a creamy layer of cool bleu cheese. There’s nothing like a juicy hamburger that is covered in a special sauce that drips all over your fingers. Once barbecue season is in full swing the sky is the limit as to what I will put on my burger. For anyone who follows my blog you know I am pretty much obsessed about buffalo sauce combined with blue cheese. It is a perfect combination of flavors for me. I decided I couldn’t let Memorial Day weekend go by without combing up with a Blue Buffalo Burger. We ate them tonight at a family barbecue and I am excited to share the recipe with you.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion diced fine
- 1/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 6 pieces lettuce torn
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 red onion DICED
- 1-2 tablespoons Frank's Hot Sauce
- 6-8 hamburger buns
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the ground beef, red onion, Frank's hot sauce, blue cheese and Montreal Steak Seasoning together until well mixed. Form into 8-10 patties (the size of your buns you are serving the burgers on) and grill on a hot grill on both sides until the center is no longer pink and the meat is cooked through. Spread a generous portion of blue cheese (or ranch dressing) on both sides of the bun. Place the patty on the bottom bun and top with sliced avocado, red onions, tomatoes and lettuce. Drizzle extra Frank's sauce on top of the burger and serve.
- Additional Information
- HEALTHIER OPTION: Serve the hamburger on a bed of lettuce instead of on a bun. Or, serve on a whole wheat bun. Serve with lowfat blue cheese dressing.