A local sandwich shop called Even Steven’s sells a sandwich that has become an all-time favorite. Even Steven’s sells a ‘Do Gouda Sandwich’ that is filled with tender turkey, sweet chili sauce, plenty of gouda cheese and tender avocado.
The combination is so simple and yet so delicious. If you use a boneless turkey breast you can slow cook that for a few hours and use in this sandwich. You could also use turkey lunchmeat for a very quick and easy meal. Either way, this meal will be a hit with your family!
- 1 loaf wheat bread
- 8 slices Gouda cheese
- 3 cups boneless turkey breast shredded (or turkey lunchmeat)
- Dash salt and pepper to taste (on turkey)
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2-3 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tbs. sweet chili sauce
- If you are using boneless turkey breast, you can cook that ahead of time in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours on medium heat. Once the turkey breast is cooked through and tender, shred the turkey into thin strips and prepare the sandwiches. If you do not have a boneless turkey breast to cook you can use sliced turkey lunchmeat instead.
- Layer the sandwiches with bread slices that have been spread with mayonnaise on one side and sweet chili sauce on the other. Place a slice of gouda cheese on both sides of the bread. Add plenty of turkey in the center of the sandwich and sliced avocados. Close the sandwich grill on a panini grill or flat griddle until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Use butter to help the bread get nice and golden brown and crispy. Serve warm.