Now that birthday parties are over, it’s time to get back to cooking ‘real’ meals and putting together my meal plan. This week I am super excited to highlight a recipe I came up with last week that we all LOVED. Not only was it delicious, but it was super, super simple which was a bonus. Basically you throw the roast in a crock pot until it’s shreddable and top with some fresh, yummy ingredients and you have a street taco that’s just plain fabulous.
This recipe, along with many other favorites, are on our meal planner this week. Login to Deals to Meals to check out all of the best grocery deals in your area, have access to this weeks meal planner and an easy to print grocery list to make your shopping easier. Everything you need for this recipe is on sale this week, so it’s a good time to make this meal for well under $10 for a family of 7.
- 3-4 lb. boneless beef roast
- 2-3 Tbs. jalapeno pepper jarred juice and peppers
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup or more salsa
- 10-15 flour tortillas
- 8 oz. monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced jarred jalapeno peppers
- Place the boneless beef roast into a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Add a couple tablespoons of jalapeno pepper juice to the roast. Turn on low to medium heat and let the roast cook until it is tender and shredable. Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred into pieces. Add a little of the roast jucies back to the shredded roast. Add the salsa, garlic powder, salt, and ground pepper to the roast. Add jarred and sliced jalapeno peppers to the meat and mix. Set aside.
- Shred the monterey jack cheese and chop the cilantro and red onions.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat and place the flour tortillas on the surface. Add some cheese in the center of each tortilla. Add some of the shredded meat. Cook until the cheese is melted. Remove the tacos and garnish with the cilantro, red onions, and jalapeno peppers.