You’re going to LOVE this recipe for Mexican Chicken Croissant Squares. This recipe is a partial crock pot recipe and is super simple to put together for a quick, weeknight meal. These croissant pockets are served with a fresh, black bean salsa to add some extra flavor and you have a meal your family is going to love. Login now to see the best grocery deals in your area, as well as some delicious recipes.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 8 oz. crescent dough
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- Put the chicken breasts into a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low/medium heat and cook for 4-6 hours. Once the chicken is tender, drain the juices from the chicken and shred into pieces. Place the chicken in a bowl and add the cream cheese, salsa, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, chili powder and salt and pepper. Once the chicken is seasoned and combined with the cream cheese and other ingredients let it rest while you prepare the crescent dough.
- On a cookie sheet, open the crescent dough packages and place several pieces of the dough out flat on the pan. Place a spoonful of the chicken mixture into the center of each crescent square (use two triangle pieces to make a square). Fold the other pieces of the dough over the chicken and pinch the sides securely with a fork. Continue to do this with all of the other crescent dough pieces until they are all done and on the tray. Sprinkle the panko crumbs over the top of the dough and lightly press the crumbs into the dough to help them stick.
- Bake the crescent squares at 350 for 8-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Remove them from the pan and serve with black bean salsa.