You guys are going to LOVE this recipe for these simple Creamy Italian Pork Chops. This is comfort food at it’s finest. I had some pork chops I needed to use up from my freezer and remembered a recipe I made several years ago. I had forgotten how easy this recipe it was and how savory and delicious it is. If you have some pork in your freezer needing to be used, this is a great recipe you’re family will love!
Creamy Italian Pork Chops
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 5 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp. salt pepper and garlic powder
- 1 packet dry Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1-2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Heat a sauce pan to high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and then once it's hot, place the pork chops into the hot pan. Season the pork chops with the Italian seasoning dressing mix, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let the pork chops get nice and brown on the bottom side. When the bottom side is golden brown, flip them to the other side. Continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the center is no longer pink. Remove the pork chops and set aside on a plate.
- Dice the red onion into small pieces and add to the hot pan along with 3 Tbs. of butter. Let the onions saute until tender. Add the corn starch (starting with 1 Tbs.) and saute with the onions. Once they are coated, add the evaporated milk (half a can to begin with and then add more as it thickens).
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until the cheese begins to melt and it all comes together. Add more milk as needed. Once the sauce is the consistency you like, turn the heat down to low heat and add the pork chops back into the sauce.
- Let the mixture simmer until the pork chops are cooked through and you are ready to serve. The gravy goes great over mashed potatoes or rice.